Skiing vacation on the Großglockner
East Tyrol's largest ski area
In a few minutes by car or with the free ski bus from Gasthof Rose, you can reach the TOP ski area Großglockner Resort Kals-Matrei, the largest ski area in East Tyrol. Experience the fascination of skiing during your winter vacation with the breathtaking panorama of the Großglockner, the "king of mountains" in Austria. From the room to the ski slope in a few minutes, here in Virgen it is possible.
The Grossglockner Resort is the largest ski area in East Tyrol with 41.6 top slope kilometers. With 14 modern lifts, experts and connoisseurs as well as beginners are offered fun on the slopes at the highest level. First-class groomed slopes of all levels of difficulty, wonderful deep snow slopes, fun parks, half pipes and an exclusive carver slope make the Großglockner Resort a boundless dream in white. The entire ski area is 100% snow-covered and three snow-covered valley runs ensure skiing fun until spring.
The info about the ski resort Großglockner Resort
- Modern four-seater chair lifts up to 2,426 m
- Selective slopes of all levels of difficulty down to the valley "right outside the front door
- Snow guaranteed by efficient snow-making equipment
- Ski school with ski kindergarten and children's ski lift
- 14 lifts with a transport capacity of over 21.491 persons
- No waiting times
- Children up to 6 years ski free - also at the beginners' ski area and ski schools
- Children's ski pass up to 18 years!!!
- Directly at the top station of the gondola lift: closed-off area for children with warming room, magic carpet and spacious area
- Experienced and award-winning children's ski schools for children from 4 years of age